Pranjal Jain is an Indian social activist.He is the Managing Director and Honorary Treasurer of Self-Employed monthly magazine (LON- Light of Nation, an all India level magazine) and founder of Betiya Foundation which was established with the theme ‘beti bachao srishti sajao’ in 2010 operational in the states of Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu-Kashmir , Uttar Pradesh , Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttrakhand, Haryana.
Early life and education
Pranjal Jain was born in New Delhi. He completed his BJ (Bachelor of Journalism) studies from Iaan school (affiliated from Makhanlal Chaturvedi National University of Journalism, Bhopal) and did his Masters in Journalism and Mass Communication from Kurukshetra University.
- Currently Managing Director of ‘LIGHT OF NATION’ monthly hindi magazine and Founder of Betiya Foundation(NGO)
- Jain handled independent programmes like ‘Rang-Tarang’, ‘The Legend of Bhagat Singh’ and worked on programmes dealing with investigations and sting operations during his stint with state broadcaster DD news.
- Pranjal Jain has worked withTV Channel Shakti for nearly seventeen months as an Assistant Producer and handled programmes like Bollywood Bazar, Tarot Power, Ultimate Bodies and those related to education, health and festivals. He has documentaries on Mahatma Gandhi and tuberculosis to his credit.
- Jain worked for TV Channel Tarang (New Delhi) as a programmer and management assistant where he worked on investigations and sting operations. He has a six- month working experience as a production and management assistant in R.K. Media Academy.
- He carried out the responsibilities of a management associate and project head in Astro India Magazine for two years where he investigated the fake tantrik activities and brought them to the fore through the magazine.
- Jain has also worked with India’s No. 1 magazine M.B.A aspirant chronicle publication as a project head.
Light of Nation
- The Hindi magazine ‘Light of Nation’ (also known as LON) was launched by Pranjal Jain in March 2010. The magazine is known for its all-round coverage, and primarily covers police and army personnel, politics, sports, health, environment, science, travel destinations and bollywood celebrities. ‘Light of Nation’ also launched its website in 2010 which is currently under revamp process. The Magazine strong presence in the states of Delhi, Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu-Kashmir , Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttrakhand, Haryana. The graph mapping the growth of LON- Light Of Nation is indicative of the ambition the brand has to become the leader and the commitment its team displays in achieving this goal.
- Light of Nation is the largest circulated and read magazine in north region. Now lightofnation.in is set to become the largest read portal from the region. Run by a ‘7Lions Group’ who with intense fire in the belly to deliver better will make the portal a success story that few can boast of or replicate. Acting as the eyes and ears of the region, the team’s main aim is to serve information to the people covering topics of relevant importance to the ever-changing complexities of the world at large and region in particular.
- The publications carries Current updates, Politics, Entertainment, Culture, Food, Sports, Opinions with a special emphasis on the Cover Story in which a current news topic is covered in depth with all details and its impact on society. The magazine also gives importance to army and police personnel because this is the stream which is untouched. The magazine publishes stories and interviews about their life and how they face struggles to achieve that position. Light of Nation shows a path to younger generation aspiring to be an IAS or IPS officer by revealing actual life and stories of these officers.
- Light of Nation also strongly portrays women empowerment with its primary focus on women’s achievements and contributions to the society. Women from the circles of politics, art, culture, sports, education they grab a special place in this magazine. The magazine/website has no political bias and is equidistant from all political parties.
- Betiya foundation and Light of Nation have donated barricades to the states of Madhya Pradesh, Himachal Pradesh to help policing.
- LON and Betiya Foundation work towards raising awareness about saving the girl child. Female foeticide is one of the primary causes of the decline in child sex ratio (gender inequality). The NGO works against such kind of activities through sting operations in Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
- Betiya Foundation helps poor girls get married and also gives new hope to widows and rape victims by getting them rehabilitated
- LON and NGO provide a voice to victims of dowry harassment and help them get justice and rehabilitation. Betiyan Foundation has resolved about 350 cases (related to rape, dowry, exploitation, female foeticide, domestic violence), which is a proud achivement for the NGO.
- It is a hard fact of today’s society that girls are not safe. Rape victims are in the worst of conditions because they are not accepted by society or their family. In such an adverse situation, Betiya Foundation provides them shelter. In many cases, LON and Betiya Foundation helped the victims and brought the culprits to justice. These woman are now living with dignity.
- Captain Saurabh Kalia (1976–1999) was an officer of the Indian Army who was killed during the Kargil War while being held as a prisoner of war by the Pakistan Army. He was not identified until NGO intervened, LON helped Capt. Saurabh Kalia’s family financially and appealed to the govt to reopen his case and after many efforts, the NGO was successful as the govt. reopened Capt Kalia’s case.
- LON and Betiya Foundation honour martyrs’ widows and financially assist them.
- Light of Nation trains college freshers and teaches them the nuances of media industry so that they can begin a full-fledged career in journalism or venture into freelancing.
- Betiya Foundation donates books, blankets, food items, medicines, sewing machines, computers to needy and poor. Betiya Foundation is going to open a sewing center and a spice industry to facilitate employment to women with an aim to make them financially independent.
- Light of Nation publishes interviews of IAS/IPS officers and stories of successful women from the circles of politics, art, culture, sports, education grab a special place in the magazine.